Our goal is to provide musical instruments to children in grades 5-11 who are financially unable to afford a musical instrument for use in musical classes, such as band and orchestra.
To qualify to receive a new musical instrument through The Newcombe Foundation, students must fulfill the following requirements:
- Student must be either currently enrolled in an instrumental music course that play violin, viola, flute, oboe, B-flat clarinet, alto/tenor sax, horn, trumpet, or trombone.
- Student must be enrolled within a public school district in the cites of Federal Way, Seattle, Auburn, Tacoma, Kent, or Des Moines, WA.
- Student must complete a community service project.
- Students must fill out our online application and essays found here (If students do not have internet access, a school district faculty member can submit the documents for the student).
- Student must upload a letter of recommendation from your band/orchestra director, or school official, on the schools letterhead, that explains why receiving an instrument from our foundation would benefit you.
Applications will be accepted during the months of January through May first in preparation of the following school year.
If you are chosen to receive an instrument, you will be contacted by The Newcombe Foundation within 30 days after the application deadline and will be notified of your acceptance or denial of a musical instrument grant.