Our application process opens January 2019 and closes April 30th at midnight.
To qualify to receive a musical instrument through The Newcombe Foundation, students must fulfill the following requirements:
- Student application is open for violin, viola, flute, oboe, B-flat clarinet, alto/tenor sax, horn, trumpet, or trombone players.
- Student must be either currently enrolled in an instrumental music course or wishing to enroll into an instrumental music course.
- Student must be enrolling in grades 5-11 for the following school year.
- Student must be enrolled within a public school district in the state of WA. Preference for those within the Seattle through Tacoma, WA area.
- Student must fill out our online essay form. If students do not have internet access, a faculty member can submit the form for the student.
- Student must submit a letter of recommendation from their music teacher or school faculty member, on the schools letterhead, in our online application. Applications without this, will not be considered.
- Students must engage in a community service project.